Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pneumonia

Is, I think, a phonetic spelling of the sound people with it make when they cough.

I am one of those people. After three days of unsalted hospital food and doctors who only enter my room after donning full-on on haz-mat gear, I am home. Well, a home. I am being taken care of by my mommy (I promise I only call her that when I am sick) in Connecticut.

And I am glad I didn't (until now) know that pneumonia is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States.

Phew. Thank you, antibiotics. I owe you one.

10 comments:

Jaime said...

Get better! Enjoy the Mamam TLC!

kate said...

yiiiiikes! so scary! what a major bummer! so glad you're "home" and being cared for by the best.

Vickie said...

Ooh, scary! Glad you're out of the hospital. Get better soon.

Hey, when's your due date?

laura said...

Are you serious?! You poor thing. I'm so glad you're ok. I'm sure it's bad enough on it's own without being pregnant. Good grief. Glad you're getting a little r&r in CT. You're definitely in good hands. I'll give you a call soon.

Olivia McCord said...

Feel better!

Kathryn Palmer said...

Scary! Glad you are home, with your "Mommy." And yes I still call my mom that too. Mommies are the best!

Marne said...

yikes! so glad your mom is close!!! Let us know if you need anything...food, play date etc.

homemade by jill said...

oh my goodness - how did I miss that?!!

I'm glad you are out of the hospital, and hope you are doing better.

talk to you soon.

Lauren said...

Feel better soon. Nothing's worse than being pregnant, or sick, except for being both.

nicokekeematipili said...

I knew your mom was taking care of you but didn't know you spent 3 days in the hospital! Dang you deserve to be free of illness a good 5 years wouldn't ya say???